Sunday, June 9, 2013

EDLD 5363 - Week 1 Video Script


The Greatest Gift

A gift is something given without any expectation of payment.  Gifts can be small and thoughtful, gifts can be grand and overwhelming, but the greatest gifts are the ones that cannot be purchased with money.  According to Philip Van Doren Stern, the greatest gift is the gift of life.  I must say that I completely agree.  On July 11, 2011, I received my greatest gift.  This gift is what I live and breathe for.   My gift has changed my life forever.  In the beginning, every moment was consumed with worry and fear.  I wanted to protect him from all the harmful things that life has in store for us.  As he got older and started exploring, I realized that I needed to let him make mistakes and learn certain things on his own.   Although my gift is life changing, I would never give it back.   I get to experience the joy of my gift each and every day.  From early morning cuddle time, to dancing, to playing and being silly.  I love the sound of his laugh and his inquisitive face right before he embarks on a new adventure.  He loves the “wally” (water), Mickey Mouse, swinging and dessert.  I am so grateful for each day that we spend together.  I will always cherish my greatest gift, my son Mason.

No comments:

Post a Comment